Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Who's Afraid Of the Big Bad Wolf?

THIS FRIDAY IS ECO! Please make sure your child comes in dressed properly. The temperatures are going to be much cooler than the rest of the week. So....boots, hats, gloves/mittens, etc. The more prepared your child is for the elements the more fun your child will have. Don't forget to send a snack and water bottle too!!!!

What's The News???
Beth "I had a lot of family over this weekend."
Griffin "I went dirt biking yesterday/"
Grace "I got a shot yesterday."
Davern "I went apple picking."
Charley "I have a loose tooth."
Dalton "I was going to watch a movie"
Mila "I was with my dad yesterday."
Gabe "I went biking yesterday."
Lucy "I went to my Papa's house and played with his dog."
Even "I have a loose tooth."
Libby "I don't really know."
Sizer "I have a race car I built."
Sydney "I don't know."
Hailey "I went Apple Picking."
Corrina "I went to an arcade."
Hunter "I went on a four wheeler ride yesterday."
Waverly "My brother let me......
Kora "I went to Great Escape."
Evelyn "I had a play date with Libby yesterday."
JJ "I drove my four wheeler yesterday."
Sierra "I'm going to the spa for my birthday."
Willaim "My grandma came a couple days ago."
Connie "I went Mountain Biking this weekend.
Alexa "I went running this weekend."

Number Corner... 
We reviewed our number corner and recognized patterns happening on our calendar. October has changed to be leaves of different colors. It has started with one Red leaf pointing up! Then one green leaf pointing right, then one yellow leaf pointing down, then one brown leaf pointing left, then two red leaves pointing up, two green leaves pointing right, two yellow leaved pointing down,  two brown leaves pointing left and today three red leaves pointing up! The pattern changes daily.

Book Corner....
Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willams.
Trixie, Daddy and Knuffle Bunny take a trip to the neighborhood Launrdomat. But the exciting adventure takes a dramatic turn when Trixi realizes somebunny was left behind....Using a combination of muted black and white photographs and expressive illustrations, this stunning book tells a brilliantly true-to-life tale about what happens when Daddy's in charge and things go terribly, hilariously wrong.


Big Bear to the Rescue by Richard Margolis
Big Bear tries to borrow a rope to save Mr. Mole.


Math....
In math we made combinations to 10 on our tens frame boards.  We used two different colors and made number sentences to match our colors.  Like 4 red cubes plus 6 blue cubes equals 10 cubes. 






Math stations.....





Laguage Arts....
We learned a new letter today, Uu. U is a vowel!  Ukalali, Umbrella, under, underline, undershirt, unicorn, unicycle. umpire. We also reviewed the other letters we have learned so far. We are really doing a great job learning our letters. We are able to recognize them, say their sound and identify an object that starts with that letter. We have now learned 7 letters in the alphabet! Way to go kids!!

We then had "Fun Fit Time" where we break off into small groups to focus on writing our names.

Science....
We are Engineers!
Today we built our own houses out of straw, sticks or bricks! We learned about the Big Bad Wolf, who you may have heard of, and then we were challenged with the task of creating a house out of materials of toothpicks, popcicle sticks or foam bricks and two strips of clay. Then we have to see if the Big Bad Wolf can blow down our houses?
We had a visitor....The Big Bad Wolf!!! He challenged us to make a house that he cannot blow down.
 So we began to put our our Engineering minds to the task.....










Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf???? Stay tuned to see if the Big Bad Wolf was able to blow down any houses!


Sharing....
Libby shared that she saw a moose and a porcupine.


Corrina shared her kinetic putty.



Charley shared about her loose tooth.


Sierra shared her stuffed loon.


It sure has been a beautiful couple days outside at recess.

No comments:

Post a Comment