Monday, April 24, 2017

Welcome back from Spring break


Welcome back all! Great to see all of the kids again. We hope you all had a wonderful Spring break.



We started our day with activities at the tables and reuniting after a week of not being together. At morning meeting we had "What's the news?" We each went around and shared a quick thought about anything we wanted. Here is what was said....

Grady - "I Had a sleep over with Bodhi."
Kam - "I went shopping and bought this toy car."
Earl - "I went to Niagra Falls."
Willis - "I had a fun egg hunt at my grandmothers."
McCartney - "I celebrated my brothers birthday."
Fiona - "I went to Boston and saw my dad."
Dahlia - "I went to N.J. and found cool things including a fossil.
Bodhi - "It was kinda sad, but for Easter, I didn't get to celebrate it because my dad slept through his alarm and he doesn't really believe in it."
Ethan - "Me and my family went to my grandma's house."
Eva - "I went to my grandma's and got to watch my grandma's dog."
Molly - "I went to the water falls and they were running like crazy."
Mazie - "We found a leach in the pond and killed it and found blood in it."
Eli - I went to NYC and saw "School of Rock."
Max - "I went to Martha's Vineyard like Beth. I went to my great grammies house. I went to play grounds. My favorite one was the squishy ground one."
West - "I went to a water park and went down a water slide."
Ryder - "I had alergy tests and I got a toy. I went to another doctor. And I went to two toy stores. I didn't get anything at the first one, but I got a sound wave at the second store."


Sharing things we love....

 Dahlia shared her very special arrow heads.

McCartney shared her toy horse that "changes color with warm water or body heat."  



Grady - Shared his dinosaur. "I got it at a place where my dad got his windshield gets fixed."


In Language Arts we had a little Student Teacher time. Each student had a letter at his/her spot and had to share with the rest of the kids that the "letter, picture clue and sound." We then partnered up and each partner had a consonant, vowel, consonant word that was mixed up. They had to figure out the word and tap out their word, then write their word on the board. Words like "tip/pit" were made. "rat", etc. We then moved to small groups and worked on mystery bags and reading folders.


In math we made number sentences and pictures to match our number sentences.  Then we read some number stories and made pictures and number sentences to match the stories, like Riley had 5 crayons and her mom gave her 4 more.  5+4=9.  


Nothing like coming in from recess for a little rest time and a story. 


Amelia Bedeila Under Construction



We are in need of snacks again. If you are able to send in some extra snacks for the kids, we really appreciate it. Or feel free to send in more snacks for your child.






It is certainly warmer, but lets not forget, without the boots our feet might get wet! Please make sure kids still have appropriate clothing for the days ahead. Boots for the muddy/drizzly days, layers just incase that wind is cold, extra clothes because your child had so much fun at recess that s/he fell in some mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment