Thursday, February 8, 2018

Kindness

REMINDER...... We would appreciate that you remind your child about our NO TOY policy. We can not have toys in school. Please leave them at home!  We hope that with the sharing time for each child once a week, that will give the kids an opportunity to share something special from home, but limit the number of toys brought in, which do cause distractions and arguments.  We have lots of toys, SOOO many choices of toys and activities to play with. Thank you for your understanding.

Kindness Jar. We have been working on this for a while. Today, Monday, we have filled the jar. We discussed what we should do about our kindness jar being filled. Here is what some had to say.
Baden "Have a party."
Jack "Keep being kind."
Oscar "We could get some treats."
Zoe "We can share our food."
Willow "Bring balloons."
Else "We could watch a movie."
Luca "Have popcorn and movie and have candy."
Jack "Make a pinata."
Lenora "We could have a bouncy house."

Well, Beth and I decided to have a little popcorn party with a short video called Peep and the Big Wide World. "Peep is a newly hatched chicken who goes on daily adventures with his friends Chirp the robin and Quack the duck. The pals live a large urban park they call "the big wide world" and is the setting for all their lessons. Peep learns specific science concepts on his travels, while the series also incorporates real kids playing and experimenting in their own big wide worlds."  Peep and his friends are always doing kind things from showing each other how to do things or just being a good friend.





What's the news?
Else "I went to the mall the day before yesterday."
Ethan "I'm going to share my rock collection.'
Willow "Jay went to the hospital and hit his head, and came to our house."
Lenora "Me and Vinny were throwing toys at his friends and it was funny. Harley played and then he wasn't feeling good and we had to take him to the vet."
Baden "The news is that my boo boo on my foot right here it's like really hidden and you can't see much."
Thayer "I was skiing with my mom and on this trail was lots of wind and it picked up the snow and looked like a wave and it almost picked me up and blew me off the mountain."
I went to the mall and got a snake and Vera broke it this morning."
Sedsel "I actually have a lego that isn't finished yet and the last bag is #7."
Skyler "I was about to finish a trail and there was a snow tornado and I was like camoflauged and I flew right threw it and ripped through the tornado and I was faster than my Mom and brother and dad.
Zoe "When I was fishing in the pond by my house I caught a big fish and didn't know what it was and my Dadda told me it was a trout and we bring it inside and we were going to cook it for dinner and put cheese on it and call it Cheese Fish.
Taber " I was almost was in a snow tornado and hurt my leg."
Narumi "e are trying to get a woodchuck and it was eating the flowers and my mom was trying to put food in it and there was a skunk in it."
Nora "I skied with Thayer yesterday."
Oscar "There was a giant snow gun and I was skiing in it and my foot got caught and i went down.
Ashlyn "My mommy let me play with a tiny toy robot and it exploded."
Luca "When I woke up I didn't feel like my teeth was brushed enough. But it was really that I had a loose tooth."
Stella "I got this kinda slide that you can blow up."
Beth "I refilled my bird feeder and lots of birds came to visit."
Connie "I too went skiing yesterday and the wind was so hard it blew me backwards."

Book Corner......
Hooray For Pig!



Morning meeting....
"Hulla baloo hulla baloo this is what I say to you..."

...move like a kangaroo.

...move like a snail.

...move like a sea turtle.

...move like a horse.

...move like a snail.

...move like a rabbit.

Math....
Subtraction! It's the name of the game this week. We have been learning what it means to "take away" or subtract, using Unifix cubes. We played the game Snap! Hiding 10 Unifix cubes behind our back, we snap them apart and then show what is not left behind our back. How many were taken away from our 10 stick?


Free Choice....





No comments:

Post a Comment