Friday, March 16, 2018

Muscles

Morning Meeting....
We did the usual, counting, calendar, chart. The other day our chart was kinda funny because the question was "how much snow do you think we will get?" Answers, as we thought, would be all over the place! Some answers were 87", 10 feet, 3 feet, 7", etc.  Very cute. Fun to see the minds run wild, or in their world their reality.

Another chart was they had to draw themselves skiing. We have some really good artists!


We also spent some time reviewing our goals. We wrote goals last November/December about things we want to work toward accomplishing by the time we leave Kindergarten. Those goals we have been working on since we put them up in the room. If you write it, it will happen! Sure enough, each of the kids have been working on goals, some have accomplished time, some of us will continue to work on them. It was great to see the faces when their goal was read and they realized they could do it already!
Beth reading our goals and discussing them with each of the kids.


Outside time....
We just can't get enough of this fluff!

It's pretty deep!


 White washes!

 Ethan "Connie, my mom isn't going to believe that I jumped from up here. She's going to ask me if I broke any bones."
Connie "What are you going to tell her Ethan."
Ethan "That I can jump and I broke for a few minutes, but I am ok."

 
Luca "Watch me Connie!"
Luca jumps, stands up and says "Did you see that? Look at my face!"
Connie "Luca, you are so brave! I don't think I could do that."
Luca "You can Connie, your like a kid."
Connie "Luca, you make me smile. Thank you."

Science...
We talked this week about muscles. Today we worked on making our own Arm and using rubber bands and how our arm bends, our muscles lengthen and shorten depending on our movements.
What happens when we flex our muscles?
What happens when we exercise ?  Oscar "Our muscles get bigger and stronger." 

No comments:

Post a Comment