Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Loosing teeth

Language Arts: We read the book Tabitha's Terribly Tough Tooth by, Charlotte Middleton. We first worked on making connections(predictions) to the title and picture of the book. After making connections, we read the book and talked about what it reminds us of.  Here are a few thoughts,

Maddie: "This reminds me of once I took a bite of a bagel and then saw it on the napkin."

Azza: "This reminds me of when I took a bite of an apple and then my tooth was wiggling."

Eva: "This reminds me of when my sister kicked out Gwenny's tooth playing soccer."

Ryder: "This reminds me of when my dog lost its tooth."






Today in math we began learning about rectangles. We learned how a square is in the rectangle family. We also practiced ordering the numbers 0-20.





More books we read today.....kids are really getting into discuss teeth as many have loose ones, or have lost teeth already. It's a pretty big deal to loose our teeth. But as we learned, everyone is different and we loose teeth at different times than our friends sometimes.




Free choice time activities.....

Dahlia and Ryder comparing their snack and counting their snack.


Fiona, Eli and Maddie just can not get enough Lexia!

Max and Ethan using light blocks as their x-ray vision goggles.

Mazie and Molly practice writing their numbers.

Azza and Ryan playing house.  
Ryan: "Pretend I made my own magic drink."
Azza: "Now I'm going to pour liquid."
Ryan: "Delicious. Now Ive gotta go to my drawing spot. Pretend tis is what our rocket looks like."
Azza: "Im making something."

Maddie is excited to ski, she's working on her dry land training.





No comments:

Post a Comment