Monday, September 18, 2017

Pattern Blocks

Morning Meeting....
What's the news? This is an opportunity for a quick verbal share. Many share about what they did over the weekend. We go around to each person during our morning meeting time and ask each other "What's the News (student name)?" Here is what some of our class shared....

Nora -"I played soccer."
Narumi -"I didn't want to wake up and I watched my brother play soccer."
Thayer - "I walked the river."
Skyler - "Fox gave me his computer to borrow."
Ethan -"I wend on rides at the fair."
Sailor -"I watched my sister play soccer."
Baden -"I played soccer."
Ashlyn _"I snuggled with my mom."
Jack -"I went to the fair. I saw a lot of boys at Blueberry lake."
Else -"I didn't feel well."


MATH.....   
We all had some pattern blocks and made some great creations. We learned a couple new shapes names such as Rhombus and Trapezoid.  We also talked about all the different shapes there were in our pattern block piles. We counted the number of sides there were on the different shapes. We talked about how there were different shapes but similar features, same number of sides, and grouped our pattern blocks in different ways (i.e.: by color, by shape, by the number of sides the shapes had). 

 Zoe-"I don't know what I am making, but I am making something."

Sorting pattern blocks.

 Jack - "I made a fish! With 9 pattern blocks."

 Nora - "I made a dog bone."

 Baden, making a masterpiece. 

 Narumi - "I made a doodle flower! It's the kind of flower you make and don't know the name of."

Ashlyn - "Look! I made a burger."

Thayer - "I made a bee and its honey comb."

 Sailor -"I made a stop sign."

Nora and Sedsel - "We made the same things together."



LANGUAGE ARTS.....
We reviewed our letter Ff today. And we reviewed objects that start with the letter Ff. 
Flower, frog, flash light, fox and many more. We did a worksheet that was to recognize pictures and color the pictures if it started with the letter Ff.  They colored a fireman, fence, feather, fox, football, foot, fish.





Book Corner....
Books read to us today.

Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey



Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon by Margret & H.A.Rey's




No comments:

Post a Comment