Monday, May 15, 2017

What's the News?

What's the News?
This is an opportunity for the kids to share something, anything they want. It is a short two or three sentence verbal share. Here is what they had to say...

Grady - "I went to my sister lacrosse game yesterday."
Earl - "I went to a Tae kwon do competition."
Maddie - "I went to TJ Max and bought a toy."
McCartney - "I found a spider in my bathroom and it was hanging upside down."
Willis - "I spent the night at my grandparents house. We drove over the gap and I saw MRG."
Mazie - "I went to the Art Fair and saw Grady, Bodhi and Addie and had a fun time. I danced and went by the river. Grady was making a path."
Max - "I went to the Art Fair and I got to make these fluff balls, it's for the birds to take to their nests. I ate ice cream and listened to music."
Molly - "I went to dinner with my family for Mother's Day."
Kamden - "Yesterday at my party for my birthday I got a bike for my birthday."
Ryan- "Yesterday I went to a bird place, I can't remember what it is called. I got a really cool compass."
Eva - "Today when I was driving to school I saw a fox. It was running to the woods."
Dahlia - "I went bowling yesterday for Mother's Day."
Eli - "On Saturday  was my dad's birthday and we went to the Bridge Street Art Fair."
Ryder - "I built something a couple days ago."
Savi - "Yesterday I went Rock Climbing."
Ethan - "On the first day of vacation, my grandmother came over."
Bodhi - "Yesterday I went to the Bridges. When I got home I started having growing pains and might go to the Drs tomorrow."
Jackie - "I helped my Mom with lots of garden work and we found a birds nest."
Beth - "My kids came over for dinner for Mother's Day and somehow I made the dinner and cleaned up after the dinner."
Connie - "I got a special shrub from my son for Mother's Day and yesterday was the first time I ever made doughnuts."


SHARING....
McCartney - Shared her special box for treasures. 

West - Told us that his sister and brother were making a path in the woods and found a Robin's Egg and gave it to my dad.

Grady - Got a toy at the dump.

Dahlia - Brought in a special tag that she found at the bowling ally.


FREE CHOICE....
Max - Made a fishing plane. "The fishing plane can shoot out nets and can catch all the fish and throw it up on top of the boat and then they get knocked into the tank. And the tail on the plane that is like a crane that lets down a grabber to catch fish. It can also float on water. "

Grady - Made a boat "it has a eye to watch things." 



Math Class- In math we are building teen numbers.  We made number bonds with pennies!  When we put 10 pennies together with 4 pennies we get 14 pennies.  We are also practicing skip counting and counting backwards from 20 to 0.  This is a hard task!  When you are on a car ride please do some counting to help strengthen these skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment