Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Morning Meeting....
We gathered to count the days we have been in school and adding it to our chart.  We read the chart and counted the number of words in our sentences. We also recognized the number of people who answered the question yes and no. The question on the chart was "Did you go outside over the long weekend?"

What's the news? Everyone had a chance to tell something about what they did over the weekend.
Baden - I was in a running race.
Sedsel-I went apple picking.
Sailor-I went the Woods Inn to sleep there 3 nights.
Ethan-Yesterday I had a play date and we went to the movies.
Else- Guess what? I am really excited to get my power rangers helmet.
Ashlyn - I snuggled with my mom.
Zoe - I played soccer.
Luca- I played with my baby sister.
River -I went to Great Escape.
Willow - I went to the farm.
Stella - I snuggled with my mommy.
Nora- I played with my grandma and grandpa.
Jack-I went apple picking and had dinner with my Mom, grandma and Jessie.
Narumi- I played with my baby sister like Luca.
Skyer -I went to Fox's house and shot a bow and arrow and went to the pool with him and got to play with his transformer.
Thayer-I went scavenger hunting.
Taber-I made a really long race track.
Beth - I had 8 people stay at my house this weekend.
Connie-I went apple picking and pumpkin picking.





HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!!! 






Some free choice activities.....

 




BOOK CORNER.....
We read...

 Henry and Mudge the First Book by Cynthia Rylant. Lots of good laughs for this book. Many related to their own pets too. 


Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps by Cynthia Rylant


MATH....
Finger flashes. We are getting really good at recognizing numbers using our fingers. We practiced writing the numbers 1,2 and 3.  We looked around the room for exactly one thing in our room like one flag, then we looked for exactly 2 things in our room like two teachers.  We found lots of things that we only had one of but it was hard to find something that we only had three of! 


Goal Setting.....
What are goals? Not just a soccer goal or hockey goal, but coming up with something to do, or accomplish. We read a book about Hank Finds an Egg  by Rebecca Dudley.

What was Hank's goal?

Jack- "He was trying to get the egg to the nest but couldn't do it. Had to try many times."
Ethan- "His goal was to try to get it back to the nest and he did it a bunch of different ways." 
Ashyn- "His goal was to get the egg up to the nest."

There can be different kinds of goals. Goals on a sports team or a goal that is helpful or a goal that you are trying to achieve something. 


JEN'S FRIENDS....
Our school counselor started coming into the class. She takes small groups to work with her in her room. The focus is on being a good friend and ways that we can all work together and have fun together.  

1 comment: