Monday, October 16, 2017

Turn Around Facts

Morning Activities.....
Playdough building 

Beading

Morning Meeting....
Counting! Repetition is a beautiful thing. When we started on day one, you could hear kids that didn't know all their numbers. Counting every day (the number of days we have been in school), has improved accuracy as well as whole class participation.  We read the chart. Reviewed the activity on the chart, which was to write a letter. Lots of great letters that we know. Great job kids!
Jack brought in a Tomato Horn Worm to show to the class. Another bug to add to our collection. This guy is a big one!  He walked around to show the class.  Beth also shared a caterpillar that she and her daughter found when they were playing soccer this weekend. She brought in a Woolly Bear to add to our collection of bugs too. We have certainly had many caterpillars to watch this school year.
Jack sharing his Tomato Horn Worm.

WHATS THE NEWS? Everyone shared something about their weekend.
Baden - I went crystal hunting.
Sedsel - I went to a wedding and wore a fancy dress.
Sailor -I went and slept at the Woods Inn.
Ethan - Yesterday I worked on our new garage. And I got on the roof and worked up there.
Else - I changed my floors into hard.
Ashlyn - I snuggled with my Uncle.
Zoe - Yesterday I went on a hike.
Luca - My baby sister is sick. She cant go to school today.
River - The news is that I went to Water Safari with my family.
Willow - I snuggled with my kitten.
Stella - I snuggled with my mommy.
Nora - I snuggled with my grandma
Jack - I had a camp fire with my grandma, mom and dogs.
Narumi -My brother is going to play soccer today.
Thayer- I spent the night at my grandmas, and went into a hot tub
Taber - Me and Jack went on a really long drive with our parent to the corn field and got lost in there. Then we threw leaves at my mom.
Connie - I watched my son play hockey.
Beth - I cleaned out my chicken coop and put new sawdust in so the chickens are really happy.

We sang a new song Apples and Bananas. This song changes vowels in the words to make the words sound funny.

Ethan - "this is like learning how to read things."

Math .....
Number beep game. We had to fill in the number after the beep.
Beth "5, 4, 3, 2, 1 beep!" Kids "0"
Beth "6, 7, 8, 9, beep!" kids "7"
Beth "3,4,5,6 beep!" Kids "7"

We had our own little boards and unifix cubes and made number sentences using cubes. We also learned a little bit about "turn around facts." This happens when the numbers are the same but in a different place in the number sentence. So our answer was always 6.
4 +2 = 6
2  + 4= 6


Language Arts...
We reviewed letters with Echo. We talked about vowel letters. Uu, Ii, Oo, said their names, picture clues and sounds. We read a new poem poster about the letter Oo then we learned how to write the letter Oo in our handwriting books.  Lots of great practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment