Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Happy Birthday BETH!!!!!
Thank you Stella for bringing in birthday cookies for Beth. They were delicious. 

Morning meeting.....
Started off counting by 10's! These kids really have learned a  lot of numbers this year so far. We read the chart and counted the words in the sentences. We did the cow greeting. A very popular greeting among this K class.



Book Corner.....
"Pete the Cat participates in a school play about the first Thanksgiving. He makes new friends and learns a lot about what it was like to be a Pilgrim and live off the land, as well as to be thankful for everything."

"In this second tale about the lovable trio, David McPhail creates beautiful watercolor illustrations to portray three friends who learn how to print the letter "B, " fly a kite, and read together."

Math....
Draw cookies on your white board. Flash a number to the kids and they have to draw that number of cookies. Luca "I'm going to add that same number of chocolate chips to my cookies." Beth flashed the number zero. "No one is drawing any cookies. Why not?" Ethan "your smarter than that, you know why." Beth flashed the number 9. Narumi "it's the number before ten." Beth flashed five "this is a number that might be how old you are."

Language Arts....
We learned about the letter Rr.  Then we reviewed all the letters we have learned thus far; C, U, D, O, I, B, T, A, G F, M, S, N, R. We  checked out a bag of objects that started with the letter R. Ruler, rolling pin, rope, ring, rice, rubber band, ram, ribbon, rock. Encourage your child to look for objects that begin with the letter R or any of the letters they know. Have them say the letter and the sound that the letter makes.


Today Nora shared a book that she can read. "I've been practicing reading." She did a fabulous job reading! 

Writing....
We are working on getting the kids to really dig deep about their own ideas of what they want to write. Not what an adult tells them to write. Not what their peers tell them. 
Jack "I'm like playing hockey."
Skyler "Jack, how do you draw a cow?" Jack "here, you can look at my cow on one of my papers. Connie, I let Syler borrow  my paper so he can make a cow."
Skyler (brings over his paper and shows me what he drew.) "I'm going to round up some cows."
Nora "I have a toy box in my bedroom. Always downstairs has toys. This is not in my bedroom"
Stella " a doctors and there is a playroom and this is the outside."                      


Free choice.....




No comments:

Post a Comment