Monday, November 20, 2017

Morning Meeting...
We have someone new in the class. She was with this class a couple years ago, but moved for a while. Now she is back and  we welcome Lenora back to Warren School! So great to see her again.

What's the news?
Skyler "I went to Baden's birthday party but it was a real long drive for nothing. But I'm glad I invited him over for a play date."
Zoe "I got to go on my dads tractor and plow the fields."
River "Tomorrow I'm not going to be in school cause I'll be at my cousins."
Thayer "I went skiing at Sugarbush."
Narumi "I stayed home."
Ashlyn "I went grocery shopping with my dad."
Baden "I went to Jay Peak."
Sedsel "I went to a big concert with lots of musicians with lots of music and big puppets and there were some boys and girls singing. And I went with my brother and his mom."
Jack "I was getting cows in and there were two groups and we were going to get horses in. We were taking a 1/2 hour and they left and we couldn't do it."
Stella "I woke up in the middle of the night."
Lenora "I moved back to Vermont."
Luca "I played with Skyler two days in a row.
Willow "I woke up in the middle of the night."
Ethan "A long time ago me and my mom and my sister went somewhere and I brought my wallet but my sister was nice enough to buy for us smoothies."
Sailor "I got some wood."
Nora "I'll be tomorrow because I am going to one of my grandmas to have Thanksgiving."
Taber "Me and Jack got to hang out this weekend."
Beth "I cleaned my house because my mom and dad are coming to my house."
Connie "I went skiing up at Sugarbush on Saturday."

Math.....
In math today we played "What's Missing/"  Kids played with a partner and the number cards 0 thru 10.  One partner would close their eyes and the other partner would hide a number behind their back.  The first partner would open their eyes and figure out which number was missing.  Then they would switch jobs.  It was fun and tricky!  
  



Language Arts....
New letter today..."Jj". We reviewed all the letters, we are getting closer and closer to knowing all the letters in the alphabet. Objects that start with the letter Jj; Jello, jar, jewlery, jaguar. Ask your kiddo what are some words or objects that start with the letter J.

Sharing....
Many of our friends have been coming in to share something. We will be having an organized day for your child to share. Please keep that day in mind for your child and help them understand the day they can share. While sharing toys is lots of fun, we really want kids to come in sharing things of intrest, not the "toy" that they got for a birthday present. Things that are different like something from nature, a quick story about something your child did(they don't have to bring something in, a photo of something, etc.) Below is a schedule of what with your child's share day is:


Sharing/Show and Tell Schedule....
Monday: Nora, River, Ethan, Else
Tuesday: Stella, Luca, Sailor, Zoe
Wednesday: Baden, Skyler, Taber, Willow
Thursday: Sedsel, Jack, Narumi
Friday: Ashyln, Thayer, Lenora


A Message from the Art Teacher....
Kindergarten COLOR Day! As we travel through the rainbow of colors and begin our exploration of PRIMARY COLORS in ART CLASS, students are invited to have fun wearing the color we are celebrating on Monday, our day of Art.
The next color day is Monday, November 27th, color to wear if you want to participate is YELLOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment