Monday, November 6, 2017

Morning Meeting.....
We started off counting the number of days we have been in school. We did some partner letter matching and saying the letter, picture clue and the sound the letter makes. We reviewed the calendar. The calendar is getting trickier! We found that there is a missing word and needed to fill in the missing word. Activity on the chart was,  "What letter does snake start with?"  Everyone practiced writing the letter S. Taber said "S is shaped like a snake."

What's the news?
Taber "I went mountain biking."
Else "I was coughing last night and then I had to go to my room."
Narumi  "I got to watch a movie"
Luca "My grandpa died. He was the best at the claw game ever."
Nora "I can ride a bike all by myself."
Ethan "I don't have one."
Thayer "I went to my grandparents and got to set the lunch table with candy on our plates."
Jack "Cows got out and pooped in our driveway and we stepped in it."
Sedsel "I got two new ducks and one is a unicorn."
River "I watched Toy Story last night."
Skyler "I have a stuffy nose and my breathing is bad."
Zoe "When I went to Florida last week i found a skinny rock and tried to cut toilet paper with it and it worked."
Ashlyn "I got to watch my dad do WWE."
Baden "I just got back to soccer today."
Willow "My sissy slept two nights at my house."
Stella "My dad let me sleep downstairs."
Connie "I went to the Boys Championship soccer game and saw Baden and watched a good soccer game."
Beth "I did a lot of work this weekend and my joints are really tired." Luca "What are joints?" Beth, "Joints are anywhere you bend." (She demonstrated many joints!)


Math...
Roll, count, write! We roll the dice. Count the two dice and write the number on our board. Earn a sticker for every four squares you fill in. We also learned how to write our number 9. "Make a circle, then a line, you have the number 9."



Language Arts.....
Letter review! We have learned so many letters this year. Then we worked with magnet boards. We spelled words by finding letter according to the sound that Beth says and then we sounded out the letters that we found and they were words!  For example: Find the letter that snake starts with, find the letter that apple starts with, find the letter that top starts with.  Now lets say all those sounds...s..a..t.  That's sat!









Book Corner....
Too Many Rabbits by Peggy Parish. "After finally finding a home for a mother rabbit and her many children, Miss Molly gets a new house guest--a pregnant cat."



We read the book Cliffords First Autumn "what is Autumn?" Beth asked. All responded "FALL!!!!" "Clifford the Small Red Puppy leaps into autumn when he experiences the changing of the seasons for the first time, and he joyfully sniffs the falling leaves and enjoys the wonderful colors."

No comments:

Post a Comment