Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Measuring

Morning Activities.....


Morning Meeting....
Practiced reading the chart. We found that the chart was mixed up because we did not have school on Friday. So we had to make corrections to the chart.  We noticed that today was not Friday but Monday! That today is the 8th not the 5th! And We don't have Spanish today we have Gym and Art!
The question was "do you think the sun will come out?" Kids had to write their name on the "yes" or "no" side. We noticed that 15 people said yes and 4 said no. "Which is more?" "The yes side." "Which is less?" "The no side."

Shape recognition game... Matching with a friend, we find the other part of our shape.

What's the news?
Ethan - "I'm sick."
Willow - "My kitten keeps stratching me."
Skyler "I am half way done with my 4,000 piece Lego, Death Star."
Sedsel "I went to Nora's birthday party and did the bouncy house."
Baden "I got a bad shoulder. "
Zoe - "I made a crown."
Jack - "For my birthday I am going to go to GetAir."
Thayer "I had face painting at Nora's birthday party."
River - "I went to GetAir with my mom and my sister."
Stella "My kitten keeps poking me."
Else "For Christmas I got a unicycle."
Sailor "I went skiing yesterday."
Narumi "I practiced skiing and walking up the hill."
Ashlyn "I went to Nora's birthday party and popped balloons and got shiny gems.'
Lenora "When I was sleeping that my dog came into my bed so many times."
Taber "Me and Baden got to go to the swimming pool together and we had a lot of fun and got some gummies."
Nora "After my birthday party Baden and Cora came over to play."
Beth "A lot of people are coming to my house and I did a lot of  cleaning."
Connie "I spent a lot of time inside this weekend because it was so cold."

Math...
Counting by 10's.  Recognizing numbers 0-20. Practice writing what comes next, "1, 2, 3, 4, beep!" Kids write the next number. "11, 10, 9, 8, beep!" Kids write the number that comes next.
we talked about what Equal means. Rolling a die we have to write on our paper that has two sides the number we roll. Once we write 2. Then we roll and get 4. How do we make it equal? Erase two on the side that has 4. Or we can add to the other number to make them equal.

Backwards counting. From 20 we practice counting backwards down to 0. We did it as a whole group and then if there was anyone who was feeling brave to stand in front of the class, kids got to count backwards from 20. We have mastered backwards counting from 10, but from 20, it has been tricky.

Measuring with a balance. First we started by seeing which object was heavier and which was lighter.  The next day we took an object on one side then pennies on the other to determine how many pennies the object weighs. ie: the marker weighed 6 pennies.







Computer Use...

Genevieve came in to talk to us about Computer Use. It's important to be careful with computers at school and at home. Also making sure we do not enter into sites that we shouldn't be at. That means staying on the page or the App you're allowed on. NO eating food or drinks around them. Genevieve gave us a pamphlet about the technology use. These will be going home as you and your child will review this together and sign the agreement use paper.



Books we read ....



Language Arts...
                                       Now that we have learned all of our upper case letters and the sounds of the letters we are moving onto lower case letters and C-V-C words.  We have been busy listening to three sounds and writing them on our white boards and then blending them together to read the word.  For Example: r-a-t  now blend it to make the word rat.  They are so excited about this new activity!  We will use this new skill to start writing some more words during writing time as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment