Tuesday, October 2, 2018

New Writing Folders


PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, send your child in with appropriate clothing for going outside. Believe it or not, we still may go out in the rain. Whatever the elements outside, we want to be prepared to go out. Rain boots, rain coats, hats, gloves, extra clothes in case they get wet and want to change.  If kids don't come in with their proper clothing they may have to stand on the pavement so that they don't get so wet.

Morning Meeting....
Today we are emphasizing being KIND! Everyone had to think of a way to be kind to others and share with the whole class. We all had some great ideas. Keep thinking of ways to be Kind and keep being kind. "Being kind is very important!"

A, E, I, O, U are our special letters, vowels! Without the vowels we don't get to make our words. We sing a song that changes the original words to using all the vowels. It's called Apples and Bananas. Ask your child to sing it with you. It's a pretty funny song!


Morning meeting consists of many different parts. There are so many parts to our meeting because we want to keep it interesting and fun! We read the chart, went around the circle and expressed one way of kindness, played a number matching game, saying good morning to our neighbor and showing that neighbor a "finger flash", reading a story. It's a lot but its A LOT of fun!


Sharing....  We will have a schedule coming out to you soon. We will have just a few kids able to share each day.

Hailey, shared a picture of her and her horse Thore.
Cayleigh "I like your horse picture."
William "Where did you ride on the horse?"
Sieera "When did you get the picture?"
Hailey "I don't remember."


Libby "This is a flamingo I got from my mom, she got it in Florida."
Evelyn "when did you get it?"
Libby "When I was tinsy winsy."
Sydney "I like it."
Lucy "I like it."

Evelyn "This is a picture of my dogs puppies."
Davern "where did you get the picture?"
Evelyn "Connie printed it for me."
Lucy "I like the puppies bed"
Waverly "I like how the big dog is snuggling the puppies, its really cute."
Evelyn "Thanks that is the mom."

Charley "I have a monkey at my house and I forgot him at home and he is brown.
William "when did you get him?"
Charley "When I was one."
Waverly "Is it the Jack monkey from the show?"
Charley "No."


Language Arts....
Echo came to practice letters with us. Bb, Ff, Tt, Mm, Nn, Ii. Today we learned about the letter, vowel Ii. We reviewed some pictures that started with the letter Ii. Ie: icing, igloo, iguana, inch, ink, insect, iron, itch, ice cream.

Writing....
We started our writing activities today.  We all got special yellow writing folders and we thought about something that we know a lot about.  Then we drew a picture and we tried to use some letters to match the things in the picture.  For example someone drew a fish and write the letter F, someone else drew a garden and wrote the letter G.  We are so excited to be learning to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment